10.24.2012

{ an autumn hike }

I have an old friend who has a favorite spot. So I asked him to show me. Even after so many years, Zac glady accepted. As inexperienced as I was, I packed a small bag of hiking essentials, lassoed my camera around my neck and followed him. The forecast was rain and snow, wind and cold. We went anyway. Yes we got rained on. Even a little tiny bit snowed on :) But it was the perfect weather. I didn't even have to cover up until we reached the very top where the wind dropped the temperature enough that I couldn't feel my fingers and toes. I got all the hiking out of me that day. An all day endeavor condensed to images. One of the hardest tasks for me. Each and every picture holds a thought, smell, feeling. I can't thank him enough for the experience. It's left me longing for the forest of late autumn. The kind where the leaves have nearly all fallen from the trees. The one where you find yourself playing peek-a-boo with color to find the blue of berries or green of moss still holding on. One beautifully preparing for winter.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Lifestyle (10) Portraits (7) Engagements (4) Wedding (4) Family (3) Formals (3) Senior (2) Bridals (1) Pets (1)

Blog Archive

free hit counter